- Sometimes it is gentle and refreshing,
- Time to cuddle and snuggle.
- There are those evenings when sleep is terrifying.
- Each nerve is put on edge.
- Strung tight like a guitar string.
- Flip – Flop. Flip – Flop.
- Left side, right side.
- Tummy down, tummy up.
- No sleep just flip – flop.
- Spooning your side, spooning my side.
- You on your side – me on my side.
- No touch – touching from head to toe.
- Then there are those special moments
- After we have shared ourselves.
- Totally relaxed – all essences in time.
- Sleep, I wonder what it is..
Originally written – January 11, 1995