- Be Helpful, Be Loving.
- By being these simple things, by earnestly trying to always to have these two credos as my motives of actions;
- I will live the best possible life.
- I will have a sense of accomplishment.
- I will have a sense of self worth, but not too much pride.
- I will have enriched relationships with all who surround me.
- I will be focused on others rather than self.
- You can actually net it down to: Be Loving!
- Love requires action – positive action for me and for others.
- Love requires commitment which provides consistent positive action.
- Easy to say or think – very tough to live each moment of my life this way.
- I try, but I know there have been and will be moments when I do not adhere to these precepts.
- I ask forgiveness for those lapses.
Originally written – June 3, 1994