Things may start like you want them to. However, along the way choices are made. Things happen to change one’s plans. I started to create a maze on a blank piece of paper. I wanted to depict how choices impact where I end up. I started to draw a maze. I was happy with how the maze was progressing. I was half way to completion. I bumped a glass of soda water. The glass spilled on to the maze. It blurred the lines of the maze. It covered the maze in shades of blue ink The smeared ink made it harder to find the right path.
- Life is choices.
- Choices I make change the world one moment at a time.
- I can grumble or rejoice ,
- But choices, I will be required to make.
- So – Say a prayer and then,
- Make the choice.
- Do the best I can.
- It is more than good enough.
- Choices I make.
- Choices are made for me.
- One simple thing is guaranteed.
- The ending will be different than I envisioned.
Originally written: February 18, 1995