- Dissonance has importance in our lives.
- I am dissonance at times for others.
- Dissonance is a learning opportunity
- I learn from others ,
- And from being out of sync,
- Out of tune , a discordant note.
- I am uncomfortable
- When there is dissonance,
- Whether I create it or
- It is inflicted on me.
- It is precisely this moment ,
- When the greatest learning occurs,
- Because I internalize dissonance,
- Rejecting or adopting it as my own.
- Dissonance enhances moments of congruency.
- The feeling of being all together, being one.
- It is counter balance for symmetry and focus.
Originally written: February 15, 1995