Memories Precious Memories
- Have you ever left a place
- You did not want to leave?
- I have sat perfectly still, listening to the sounds
- Of crickets, frogs and leaves moving in a gentle breeze.
- I have sat with my heart wide open
- To the feel of the breeze absorbing all.
- I have drawn deep breaths
- And held them to internalize the time and place.
- I have tried to reach beyond the bounds
- Of the mortal body to be part of this place.
- Memories are all that remains.
- When all else is gone I have memories.
- Memories, memories precious memories.
- My precious memories.
Originally written: August 8, 1995