- Treasured Moments
- Each day I treasure the first moments of wakening.
- Alarm or no. It is in these precious moments.
- I ponder what will be.
- I reminisce what was – is – and will be.
- The world gently held at bay, in the place –
- Between wakefulness and the oblivion of slumber.
- Those I hold dear are drawn close in
- Loving embrace warming body and spirit.
- It is in these early morning moments in time,
- The tenor and beat of my day is born.
- At the last moment possible,
- After all procrastinations have been made,
- I open my eyes to permit the world to intrude.
- And I begin again to anticipate tomorrow morning..
Originally written: May 7, 1996
- I am not one to wake up sudden like and spring into action. I have had to do it for job and family. When ever possible I would take the first moment of the morning for myself. Retired, now I take every morning.. I hope you have this same opportunity..