- He is coming.
- He came to us last year.
- And the years before.
- I live each moment expecting.
- I have lived each moment
- To the fullest.
- When he arrives, it is a surprise.
- Unannounced and unattended.
- The message is: Be prepared,
- Lest you be found unprepared.
Originally written: December 20 1996
This poem was purposely written to be vague and yet circumspect. It could be taken for the expectation of Christmas. It was written with “Opportunity.”, Father Christmas, and the Baby New Years in mind.