- I seek out jobs with challenges!
- Actually, I should say with stress.
- I believe I am addicted to stress in my jobs.
- I feel better amid the chaos.
- I seek a sense of satisfaction
- As I succeed in overcoming.
- I am bored with routine and repetition.
- I often fail at repetitive tasks.
- I walk the edge of chaos and pandemonium.
- I live each moment to the fullest.
Originally written: December 18, 1996
- This is a reflection on jobs that I have had since 1965. For the most part I took on a new job every 12 to 18 months. Each job had it new stresses and satisfiers. It did not feel good to realize I chose to seek out new jobs and that I avoided the routine and repetitive jobs. I would be a failure as an assembler on a manufacturing line. I make mistakes much more quickly when it is repetitive. My mind wanders and thus I am not paying attention to the details of daily tasks. It is sad to recognize a failing, but a joy to have avoided the failure. Whew.. I was lucky on that one..