- What determines if a kiss is special?
- It is not kisser or kissee.
- My first perfect kiss started,
- After dinner and lasted until sunup.
- To my surprise and wonderment.
- To her surprise and wonderment.
- I did not determine its perfection.
- I was both the kisser and kissee.
- Who or what determines its perfection?
- I believe it is the joining of two souls.
- Two souls eager and ready.
- Joined at the perfect time.
- It’s lasted 38 years.
- Maybe that determines its perfection.
Originally written: April 1, 2010
- This was written in response to a question posed by Tishbite on Real Bloggers United Blog – “What makes kissing special?” My first response was off the mark. This was part of my second attempt to answer the question. It is an interesting question. Think a moment. Have you had a perfect kiss? When was it? What made it special? These questions will bring back cherished memories. Some you may not want in print. This poem came out of those thoughts..