- Beauty is a perception of the beholder.
- One can not create it for all.
- Some will agree, some not, and
- Then there are those who are apathetic.
- When it is found,
- No one else need agree.
- It just is!
- It strikes the light switch.
- And says, “Ah-h-h, yes this is beautiful,
- This is wonderful!”
- The more I seek and savor beauty,
- The more I find.
- Some hidden in the rocks
- Some others in the brambles of life.
- Others nurtured as a garden
- Well tended and loved.
Originally written: February 19, 1997
- This was a realization that beauty was not the same to everyone. Some of the beauty I saw was ugly for others. Vice Versa was also true. This little truth was found while on a visit to Carmel, CA Art Galleries and comparing notes on paintings and sculptures. It has been reaffirmed recently in a discussion on classical versus abstract art forms.