- Roses are truly beautiful!
- Roses have thorns!
- From the white of purity,
- To the blues and even violet.
- Yes, and yellow or orange.
- Reds, many reds,
- From pink to deep dark passionate red.
- The aroma, from none at all
- To the wonderous rich perfume.
- Ah-h-h, what enjoyment
- They bring to my life!
- Yet, who can say they have not
- Felt the sting of their thorns.
- Roses imitating life,
- Beauty, wonder, and pain.
- Yes, all of this is worth the cost,
- Like life, beauty, wonder and pain.
Originally written: March 26, 1997
This tidbit was written after trimming my roses. Of course I got stuck due to my carelessness. When I finished the rose bushes looked beautiful and the rose petals around the base of the bushes gave off a perfume to the area. As I sat these words came to me. They stayed with me until I wrote them into my journal.