- Life is simple,
- Breathe in, breathe out.
- Life is complex.
- Share your life with another.
- Life may be simple.
- Being alone, just existing.
- Yet, it is definitely boring.
- Life may be complex.
- Sharing brings joy and pain.
- Each moment there is something new.
- Life can be simple.
- Loneliness turns inward toward despair.
- A vicious cycle begins.
- Life can be complex.
- Sharing moves us out of ourselves.
- A renewing cycle begins.
Originally written: April 7, 1997
- This was written while in Tokyo, Japan at the Okura hotel on business. It was an interesting business trip that included visits to museums, theatres, and one evening at a night club listening to fantastic Beatles imitators. Yet, away from family these words came to the surface and had to be written down.