- Be quiet my mind,
- Slow down, do not worry,
- You have the strength to persevere.
- Be quiet my heart,
- Slow down, you are not alone,
- You are on the path to your beloved.
- Be quiet my body,
- Slow down, the labor is long,
- You will surmount the challenges.
- Be quiet my soul,
- Slow down, you are on the path,
- You are loved unconditionally.
Originally written: April 15, 1997
- A reflection on what I was doing and where was I going. I had recently returned from a trip to Japan. I was invigorated and energized by the trip. Yet, I was restless. This poem reflects that restlessness.