- Thoughts flow from my mind to this page,
- Like wine poured from the bottle by a master.
- They flow out gently, tumbling onto the page,
- In the sequence they are poured.
- I am but a recorder. Simply to document,
- The phrases as they come to mind.
- The thoughts are not profound
- Or even valuable lessons.
- They stand on their own
- For me to understand.
- And yes for others too.
Originally written: April 15, 1997
- I was reflecting on how the words come to me for the prose or poems that I have written. I am often surprised by the words that come to mind and appear on the page. I am humbled by the reflections and thoughts expressed. I am not the Master. I am thankful for this gift.