- It is with a will I pick up a pen to jot down a few words to record my musings. This process puts me into a very meditative state of mind. I find more and more often I pursue this environment. It is warm,friendly, and cozy producing a euphoric state of happiness. I find myself in a heightened state of awareness to all I am surrounded by or enmeshed in. Each experience is far more enjoyable to participate in.
- I am so very lucky! I have seen so many others less fortunate. I have my health, both mental and physical. I have my family, brothers, children, wife, and even an ex-wife. I have friends and work associates that are a joy to be around. They enrich my life. I have a good job.
- Yes, I am so very lucky! Isn’t well-being just a state of my mind? If you are happy and satisfied, isn’t that the ideal state of existence to pursue? Money is not what brings about happiness.
- I am so lucky! I am happy in my circumstance. I could be happy in other circumstances. The feeling begins with “Thankfulness.”
Originally written: April 16, 1997
- This is true today as it was thirteen years ago when I wrote this entry in my journal.. I have found writing down my thoughts and feelings in the form of poetry relaxing.