- The sun rises, the sun sets,
- Both are beautiful moments.
- In between we learn and live.
- We meet strangers,
- Share a part of ourselves
- We part richer for the experience,
- It is in these moments
- Memories are made.
- The sun rises promising
- New light upon my path.
Originally written: August 2, 1994
- I wrote this during a business trip. On rare occasions I ran into some total strangers and in the few hours we were together we shared stories of our lives. I have met coaches from major schools, doctors, lawyers, sales men and women, and member of sport teams. I met a man who had Turrets disease. He was very humble and caring in between outbursts of inappropriate language. I enjoyed our conversation and the sharing of experiences. I am enriched by the meeting of such a diverse group of people.