- It is relationships,
- Not material things.
- Things can be lost.
- Things can be stolen.
- Things can be destroyed.
- Material things are temporary.
- Relationships are life itself.
- They laugh with you.
- They cry with you.
- They celebrate with you.
- They pray when you can not.
- They cry when all your tears have been shed.
- They hold you up when you cannot stand.
- It is relationships that make
- Life enjoyable.
- And some say, “Worth living.”
Originally written: August 28, 1997
- Relationships make the world go around. It is relationships that carry us through grief and suffering. It is so much easier to overcome challenges and tribulations when a friend or family provides the needed listening post, advice, and/or council. I was reflecting on the friends that had died and their contributions to my life. They were and are missed. I am happy their suffering has ended and they are in a much better place.